“We're Located in Ninilchik, the center of Kenai Peninsula fishing spots. Halfway from the Kenai River to Homer”
World Class Trophy Fishing – salmon (all species), steelhead, halibut, trout, sea bass, linc cod, bottom fish (32 species), reef fish (numerous species), sole, and flounder)
Click here for info from the Alaska Dept. of Fish & Game
Considered one of the most picturesque places on Earth, Ninilchik Village is strategically located in the center of the Southern Kenai Peninsula. Here, trophy game fishing and adventure abound of all kinds.
Salt water fishing begins in mid April with giant salt water feeder kings and world class halibut. Charter companies flourish in this resort area for the deep sea fisherpersons or sightseer (whale and wildlife watching) from early spring to late Fall beginning, of course, with the mighty king (Chinook salmon) followed by reds (sockeye salmon), humpies (pink salmon), dogs (chum salmon), silvers (Cohoes) and ending with giant steelhead (sea run rainbows) up to 20 lb that run from mid-August and into winter, or catch resident rainbow and dolly varden year round. As spring approaches Chinooks (king salmon) appear in the Ninilchik River as they begin their journey to spawning grounds upstream. Excellent river fishing seven days a week wraps around Alaska Adventure Suites which is one of our strict criteria for the enjoyment of your stay. Just walk out the door and “GO FISHING”. These can all be had out your door in the Ninilchik River or at sea just offshore of our beautiful lodge. If you require diversity of fishing areas the highly productive Deep Creek (River) is less than a mile down the road, or go South 17 miles to the Anchor River (the most western point of US highway system) or to the world famous Fishing Hole on the Spit at Homer (the ‘end of the road’ where the ‘highway meets the sea’). These systems produce all species of salmon, trout and steelhead. Fly or spin rod – it’s your choice.
There are plenty of deep-sea charter companies in Ninilchik for all your fishing needs.
Numerous derbies are held throughout the summer with large purse prizes, for the competitive fishermen (such as Homer Halibut Derby, Seward Silver Salmon Derby, etc)
Rare Opportunity For Commercial Fishing Adventure
Go out to sea with commercial fishermen and participate in their never ending quest to catch various species of salmon and halibut. This is a custom charter, call us well in advance, space is very limited and price varies by season and vessel. Certain personal qualifications must be met and approved by the Captains of our pre-selected vessels!
World Class Game Hunting
Moose (world largest), caribou (worlds largest), bison (north), elk (south by sea vessel), brown bear (14 ft.+ worlds largest), black bear, wolves, goats, sheep) to name a few.
Ptarmigan, (Willow, Mountain, white), Grouse (Spruce Hen, Blue Grouse, Sharp Tail), Ducks (numerous species),Wood Ducks (numerous species), Geese (numerous species, Swans observation only), and Pheasant to name a few.
Art galleries and museums
- The Kenai Peninsula is a home to many artists who have their own stores or display their works at the local galleries.
- Shells of all kinds, rocks, whale and fish vertebrae, kelp, and numerous other mysterious stuff.
Bear and Wildlife viewing
- The largest brown bear in the world reside here on the Southern Kenai Peninsula and range in size up to 14.5 feet tall - larger than the largest Polar bears ever recorded. Watch bears fish within your reach and then swim past you, brushing your feet while you scurry into the aircraft or stand foolishly brave while comrades scream in awe! To see these great, great creatures, contact us as far in advance as possible, since there is extreme limited space and availability for this adventure. Wildlife viewing opportunities include moose (enormous bulls and cows with calves), black bear, caribou, Dall sheep, mountain goat, elk (South by sea vessel), bison (to the North), porcupines, wolves, wolverines, coyotes, fox, lynx, martin, beavers, numerous sea and terrestrial bird species, marine mammals of all kinds (various whale species), and the list goes on and on.
- Observe sea and terrestrial birds or listen in the late evening to their mysterious screams. Discover new species or listen to the eerie scream of the Sasquach? Gull Island near Homer, a State Preserve, presents a unique opportunity to observe sea bids in their native environment. Catch a ride by Rainbow Tours or other numerous water taxi providers.
- Camping abounds everywhere featuring State/Federal/local campgrounds located in various huge parks and preserves throughout the area.
- This area is bountiful with arctic giant steamers, cockles, razors, cherry stones, gui-duck and on and on. These are the cleanest pristine clam beds of the world. Come and dig!
- The area provides numerous different dining experiences along lakes, river, ocean, bluffs and quant villages throughout the area. Come and find your own favorite place. Or cook your catch at Alaska Adventure Suites in our chef’s dream kitchens fully equipped with cooking and serving gadgets.
- See or discover a wreck, observe marine mammals (Sea Otters, Sea Lion, Walrus, Porpoise, dolphin, various seal species, etc), shellfish (king Crab, Dungeness Crab, Tanner Crab, giant Pacific Scallops, sea urchins and other bottom crawlers), the list goes on.
The following facilities are here for your educational quests:
Exploring, hiking, biking, rafting, boating, leaf-peeping ( i.e. admire autumn foliage)
- Endless mountains, alpine, coastal, boreal or upland, glaciers, and ice-fields are here for you to explore. Raft, boat, fly or use fixed-wing or hike. Alaska is an Arctic tropical forest jungle land with emerald landscapes of every kind. Sweeping massive vistas beyond your imagination will unfold before your very eyes. Come and witness it yourself as soon as you can!
Flightseeing and sightseeing
- Sightseeing opportunities are limitless here. This area presents lots of aircraft (wheel planes, ski planes, float planes, helicopters, gliders or such) adventures.
- World class trails abound throughout this huge area from tide lands through uplands and mountains and into the ice fields. Be careful, plan ahead.
- Soldotna, Homer, Kenai and Anchor Point provide golfing opportunities for all tastes.
Horse back riding
- Picturesque trail riding is available in the immediate and surrounding areas.
- Homer offers plenty of kayaking opportunities. Go across Kachemak Bay to explore numerous coves or around the small islands or just paddle along the endless coast lines.
- Alaska in the most unique place in the world and attracts numerous photographers and artists who in turn share their work with the world. Bring plenty of film, batteries and digital camera gadgets to be ready when that shot of a lifetime unfolds before you.
- Come stay at Alaska Adventure Suites for your ultimate relaxation.
- This area is bursting with variety of shops including gift and souvenir stores, pottery shops, fresh and smoked seafood shops, berry shops, Alaskan Native crafts shops, bakeries, coffee and tea shops, and oyster bars.
Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) watching
Cross Country Skiing
If you have questions on any of these adventures and would like to get more information or book them, give us a call. We will be glad to assist you.